Our History
In 1911, J.B. Morin opened a 12-stool diner known as the Franklin Cafe on Mill Street in Attleboro, MA. The diner flourished in downtown Attleboro and the thriving business allowed J.B. to grow and open a second diner in the 1930's. With the onset of World War II, two of J.B.'s four sons were sent overseas. While John Morin did not return, R. 'Russell' Morin returned with a passion to expand his father's business. Russell became the sole owner of the diner, renovated it into a family diner, later expanded its footprint by buying the adjoining buildings, and began to cater off-premise functions. His two sons quickly learned the trade, and after attending Cornell University and serving in the U.S Army, returned to join the family business. Russell Morin Jr. and his sons moved the catering business to the Attleboro Industrial Park in 1983, and William Morin remained with the diner. In 2010, Morin's Diner was featured on the Food networks 'Diner's, Drive-ins and Dives’, and proudly continues to serve the Attleboro community with 100+ years in business.